Richmond Community - St John's Centre
- Fellmongers Company of Richmond
- Home-start Richmondshire
- Hudswell Community Pub
- Mercers, Grocers and Haberdashers
- Probus Club of Richmond
- Richmond Amateur Dramatic Society
- Richmond Badminton Club
- Richmond Bowls Club
- Richmond Camera Club
- Richmondshire Choral Society
- Richmond & Dales Soroptimist Club
- Richmond French Twinning Association
- Richmond Live
- Richmond Norwegian Twinning Association
- Richmond Open Spaces Appeal
- Richmond Operatic Society
- Richmond Rotary Club
- Richmond Walking Festival
- The Station
- St John's Centre
- Swaledale Outdoor Club
- TRY - Transition Richmond Yorkshire
- U3A - Universtiy of the Third Age
St John’s Community Centre has operated as a charity since 1988. We provide services for people who live in and around Richmondshire North Yorkshire.
Our organisation is registered with the Independent Care Group (ICP) ensuring we maintain quality and management of our services which also help us identify any future skills and competencies needed to deliver and improve our services.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday Club
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday people come to the centre where they are supported and are able to make new friends and enjoy social activities. We have well trained staff members who ensure that the people are offered practical support whilst ensuring independence.
Assisted Shopping Scheme
Many people wish to do their own shopping even though they may need help in doing so. Supporting people by taking them to the shops enables people to continue make choices about the things they spend their money on. It often helps them to keep in touch with the life of the community in which they live.
Richmondshire Community Sitting Service
The sitting service is offered to people who live and care for a dependant relative in their own home. A volunteer will sit with a loved one whilst their carer has a welcome break. We will match you to a suitable volunteer who will sit with your relative whilst you have a break. This could be between one to four hours.
People who use our services can expect to be:
- Protected from abuse, or the risk of abuse, and their human rights respected and upheld
- Treated with sensitivity in a caring, dignified and confidential way
- Supported to make new friends and enjoy social activities
- Encouraged to maintain independence and daily living skills and, through our activities, supported to learn new things
- Given full information about our services and information about services provided by other organisations
- Consulted about ways in which our service could change or be improved
- Advise of how to complain and given a quick response
- Provided with well-managed services which reflect equal opportunities
If you would like more information about any of our services please do not hesitate to contact us.
St John’s Community Centre
Telephone & Fax: 01748 832271
Registered Charity, No 700486